Tuesday, July 14, 2009

PHASE ONE...Painting!

This last weekend we started phase 1 of the painting process.

Dining Room


Wever helpers arrived early, and we worked late into the evening. Our friend Robyn even stopped by to lend us a hand. Due to how long it was taking, we decided to rethink how much painting actually needed to get done.

Dining Room


We did not bother to paint the nursery white, since we want to paint it a pretty color anyway.

Master Bedroom

In the end, we decided to paint the walls of the worst rooms, and save the doors & trim for later (once shoulders, arms, backs, hands and wrists recover).

Office

Dear Baby,
I'm sorry I was exposed to fumes and dust while getting your new home ready. Honestly, I did my best to stay out of harms way whenever possible. I hope and pray you will not be born with horns, and if you are, I will love you and your horns so don't worry.


Dining Room

We have named the ugly lamp the "Dog's Playing Poker Lamp."

I can't wait for it to come down!!!!



3 comments:

MediocreMama said...

You assume a baby with horns is awful until you meet one...actually not that bad.

They tend to have dynamic personalities, too.

static said...

...Not to mention epic and heroic potential...

(see Ico)

Robyn Ayotte said...

A horned baby would be rad. That way, if you give the baby a Lord of the Rings name, it makes perfect sense.