Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our days are Action Packed…


Yes, we have been so busy these days we have really neglected blogging. Here is a quick recap of just some of the activities keeping us so busy.


Work:

I have been working my 40 hours, as well as trying to work from home 1 day a week. This means working…not blogging on the computer at night.

Jon watches Oliver all day and goes into work as soon as I come home in the evenings, and works on his lab experiments on the weekends!


Home Improvement:

Jon has also been working hard on remodeling the guest bathroom.


No Tub, No Toilet, No Sink, NO WALLS, NO FlOOR!


Done Plumbing, so floor is rebuilt.


New sub-floor placed & mudded.


WALLS!


Tub is put back in!

He has finished with all the plumbing (new shower installation) and has finally put down a new subfloor, and put up new walls! Yes…for a while we had NO FLOOR, or WALLS in that bathroom. Only putting down the tile, painting and decorating to go!


I have finally found time to work on my “sewing station.”


Still need to make my "inspiration board" to hang above the desk.


I have Refurbished an old desk for my sewing station. It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do.


Desk used to be 1970's fake wood...now it is 1970's shabby chic "Vanilla Bean."


Maybe if I get this station done, I’ll actually attempt making the curtains I have been meaning to make months ago!



Music


Jon & I have been busy finishing up a 10 song demo and are finally ready to share it with you.

Click Here to Listen.


Our Little Action Jackson…



Oliver has really become a busy boy as of late. Oliver & Daddy have fun all day building forts; exploring the house, playing peek-a-boo and we can’t forget the dancing! The other day I came home for lunch to find Oliver still in his Pajamas, on the floor crawling and squealing.


Me: Jon, why is Oliver still wearing his Sleeper??


Jon: That’s not a Sleeper, that’s his “Action Suit.”


Oliver: Squeals and goes into Downward Dog.


Case Closed.


Here is a list of some of Oliver’s newest tricks done with and without the “Action Suit:”


Yoga (downward dog mostly). Maybe Larry and Oliver should start instructing!

Crawling

Crawling towards dirty shoes

Crawling towards remote controls

Crawling towards power cords & cables

Crawling towards iphones...this list could get pretty long.

Climbing up on things till he stands or falls over.

Waving

SQUEALING

Kissing (Momma)

Grabbing, Smacking & scratching his innocent Parents

Twisting on the changing table, which can get very MESSY!

Biting with his new tooth.


Oliver flashing his tooth nub.


Looking Good!


Action Suit Yoga.


Action Suit Stand.


Action Suit Ring Toss.


Action Suit Pull-Ups.


Looking for a good book to read.


Escaping Dad's Pillow fence.


A taller fence is implemented.


Another Action Suit?


Remote Hunting.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay...finally! Man, you guys have been VERY busy! I want to eat him up, soooo freakin adorable! Music sounds great!!!!

Carol said...

Wow! Big O is getting around now, huh? Knew it was coming ... he had that look in his eye & his bottom in the air. LOL!!
You guys are both so talented! Jon ... I don't know how you can be so good at soooo many things!! Ali ... you make a mother proud. Evan and I enjoyed your music. I don't know how you do it. Impressive!!