Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Christmas in Alaska" brought to you by the iphone.



Taken by "Microsoft Promo" at the Oregon Airport during our layover.



Traveling with a one year old means bringing lots of crap with you on vacation, so I decided to not bring all the big cameras this trip. Our entire trip was documented on our iphones. (I'm addicted to iphone photo apps right now and it shows. I'm just asking that you bare with me during this obnoxious time, and hopefully I will get over it soon).



Oliver's first airline flight went very well. Though he refused to sit, or be held at all by his father the entire flight up, he never had a major meltdown.

He did however...

Yank my seatbelt
Papercut my face with the emergency evacuation instruction card
Stick his hands through the seat crack in front of us to touch its occupants
Head butt my forehead
Lick the passenger seats!
Claw my neck
Expose my chest by pulling at my shirt
Stroke the knee of the passenger sitting next to us (while he drank his bottle)
Eat all my pretzels
Pull out all the tissue from the box in the airplane lavatory while his diaper got changed
Drool lollipop on the seats
Drool lollipop on me


So overall, he did GREAT!

Around 9 a.m. driving to Valdez.

Driving to Valdez in -20 weather.


Weird things you discover in Alaska...

Christmas Trees are hung upside down.

The Christ Child was a Bear.

Valdez around 11 am.

Oliver helping Grandma in the kitchen.

One of Oliver's favorite Alaska activities was sledding in his red sled.






He also liked giving his new monkey a ride.


He also liked helping Mom and Dad make a Ginger Bread House. He powdered the top with snow (sugar).

Oliver also enjoys eating Alaskan Icicles right off the roof.

One of Oliver's favorite things in Alaska was Grandpa & Grandma's church nursery!!




He has never been to a place like this before. All these toys to himself!!!



Oliver got some cute clothes, a Green Monkey, a Pillow Pet Bumble Bee, and a Cat Keyboard.

Nancy prepared a super fancy Christmas dinner for everyone. It was wonderful.


Delicious Red Pear Salad




Christmas Roast, Orange Rolls, Corn and Mashed Potato...Yum.

Chocolate, Orange Cake made with Grand Marnier! Fancy.

Bird Watching

Oliver trying to escape and feed the birds.

Long Rifle Lodge. Just one of the few places to stop on the long drive to Anchorage.

There was more dead animals on display than you would find in a museum.

Though we only needed to use the restrooms, it is always polite to buy something, since it could be days between customers. Oliver had his first cup of Hot Coco.

Check out the beaver in the background wearing the hat.


Jon's Birthday Dinner in Anchorage.



I don't look tired do I?

Actually fell asleep on the flight to Oregon! First plane trip was a success.



THIS JUST IN...

These pictures were taken by Jon's Parents on a GOOD camera.








1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing all the fun pics! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I can't wait to get my hands on that boy and smother him with hugs and kisses!!