Thursday, July 10, 2008

$1.50

On the way up to Bear Valley last weekend, Kevin, Jon and I stopped for a bite to eat in Jackson. We decided to check out the local book store. Sitting out front of the store was a "Used" CD/DVD/VHS table. That's when I found it. Theodor Rex! I knew it was going to be good...plus it was only $1.50. We all tried to watch it that night. We only got about half way through it. I guess I just expected more from this talking Dino-futuristic-comedy. I think the best thing about this movie was Theodore's red high-tops!


The world's toughest cop is getting a brand new partner. He's a real blast from the past.
Plot:
In an alternate futuristic society, a tough female police detective is paired with a talking dinosaur to find the killer of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals leading them to a mad scientist bent on creating a new Armageddon.

BEAR VALLEY TRIP


Kevin and his folks invited Jon and I to their family cabin in Bear Valley 4th of July weekend. We had a great time. Some of the weekend highlights include:

  1. Walking 3 miles around the lake.
  2. Looking at Lloyd Bridges old cabin.
  3. Eating good food & cookies, compliments of Kevin's Mom.
  4. Wine tasting in Murphy.
  5. Going down to the lodge for drinks.
  6. Visiting with Kevin and his parents.
  7. Entertaining the idea of watching the entire "Theodor Rex" feature.

Dinner & Conversation


Mom's Cookies

Lunch at Ironstone Winery



At the Bear Valley Lounge



Farewell Breakfast


1 comment:

Clark, Inc. said...

I think you paid $1.50 too much for that cinematic masterpiece...