Monday, July 28, 2008

My Tron-DMC's



Ok. A few weeks ago, I finally broke down and purchased real running shoes. I went to the fancy shoe store. Told the sales girl my needs. She made me run around the store so she could analyze by gate. When all was said and done, I spent $ 95.00 on running shoes. I can't even remember the last time I spent that much money on shoes. I needed good shoes for the Half Marathon, so I figure I can justify the purchase. There is only one thing that disturbs me.

These shoes are UGLY!

I would never choose these colors or the style. Apparently, running shoes do not come in a large variety of colors.

My shoes are super puffy and make my feet look 3x bigger then they really are. My shoes are light blue, light gray, white and silver. That's right, silver.

When I wear them I feel like I resemble...


These guys


Or these guys


The good news is that they seem to work pretty good thus far. Yesterday, I wore my "Tron-DMC's" and I was able to complete my first 5-mile run without a single blister!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go Ali!!! You're doing Awesome!!

Jon Perry said...

Hello Ali!

What 1/2 marathon are you running? Good luck with your training.

Jon Perry

Jon and Ali said...

This half-marathon is in S.F. and I think the course involves the Golden Gate bridge?

Jon Perry said...

That will be a beautiful route so you should be pretty well distracted from the discomfort of running 13.1 :). Shelley and I had planned to do the SF half marathon on August 3rd but it sold out before we had the chance. In my opinion a half marathon is the perfect distance. Have fun!