Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What I'm I......80?


These past couple of days, I've come to the conclusion, that I'm spending far to much time with equipment from my grandparent's era. Lately, I have experienced feelings of nostalgia mixed with frustration as I have attempted to transfer Mom & Dad's Super 8 film to Digital Video. Though I love seeing old movies of Grandma Wever dancing about on New Years 1967, cigarette in hand, wearing a lovely dress with a leopard fur collar....I do not enjoy the hours of reel to reel malfunction. I can't believe what one has to put up with just to project a crappy-soundless piece of film. Technology at it's finest...NOT! I am making progress though. By piecing together parts from the Wever projector & the Bower projector...we are getting one working projector that just might make it though to the end of this project. Which frankly must end soon because I'm hearing the "clack-ckack-clack" of reel-to-reel in my sleep.


1960's projectors are not enough...I must continue my journey into the 1960's with my newest idea to teach myself to sew. I'm currently enrolled in sewing classes in an effort to learn all the techniques I lack. I think the Jo-Anne fabrics lady said it best..."You really shouldn't use those advanced patterns till you know what you are doing!" But once again, I have a sewing machine straight out of the 1960's Sears Catalog. It rattles and shakes. When it shakes...parts loosen...when parts loosen...well you know the rest. I'm hoping that my sewing classes will also teach me how to use this ancient artifact to its fullest potential.



Tonight I start my first official piano lesson. I go to my instructors house for a half hour lesson and will be using her piano. For practice I will have to go to the music department's piano room located on campus, or use my vintage 73 key Fender Rhodes electronic piano. Another blast from the past.

Geez, with super 8, sewing, and piano lessons, in conjunction with vintage technologies...I just might be an 80 year old women.

1 comment:

Jon and Ali said...

I actually played "Mary Had a Little Lamb" today in my piano lesson! Awesome...money well spent!