Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reality Check

We always knew that having a kid would change things. Our parents have told us this. Our friends and family with children have warned us...but I must say nothing says it more than that first "reality check." Jon and I got ours a day or so after we got home from the hospital with Oliver.

Oliver at 3 wks.


It happened when Jon leaned in to give me a big kiss while I'm holding our son. Probably our first "real" kiss since the birth. Right as Jon presses his lips against mine, we both hear grunting and the nastiest, craziest pooping noise coming from our son. There it was. Reality Check.

2 comments:

static said...

tattle tale :-p

Carol said...

Love it!
This picture is so sweet...I think I need a grandma "fix". Are you up to company Sunday afternoon?